Naomi Campbell On Epstein Documents: ‘Don’t Come At Me’

Naomi Campbell has addressed her ties with Jeffrey Epstein in a statement recently posted on social media. The model claimed there has been “no wrongdoing on my part” and said she stands in solidarity with the “courageous survivors.” Campbell has taken a similar public stance in the past after her former ties to the disgraced financier had resurfaced. 

What did Naomi Campbell say about her ties to Jeffrey Epstein?

On Sunday, Naomi Cambell posted a statement on social media clarifying where she stands in relation to her ties to Epstein.

“I said it in 2019, and I’ll say it again now: don’t come at me when there is no wrongdoing on my part,” she wrote on her Instagram account, according to Complex.

She added that she stands “in complete solidarity with the courageous survivors.”

Campbell addressed her former ties with Epstein after new files were released as part of federal investigations into the financier’s network. The latest released batch of files reportedly include references to Campbell in emails, contact lists and scheduling exchanges, according to The New York Times. The documents suggest that she was in contact with Epstein over years with reference also made to travel coordination, event invitations and business-related meetings organized by his longtime assistant.

New materials also include allegations from individuals who said they saw Campbell at Epstein’s properties and events. The model’s attorney said she was unaware of any criminal activity involving Epstein prior to his arrest in 2019. They said that Campbell had no contact with Epstein after his arrest and that their interactions were limited and often happened in a professional setting.

Campbell has not been accused of any wrongdoing nor has been linked to any criminal activity.

“If my client had ever encountered any young woman whom she thought was being victimized by Epstein, she would have personally taken immediate action to help her,” Campbell’s attorney, Martin Singer, told the New York Times.

in 2008, Epstein was convicted for soliciting minors, while Campbell was living in Moscow from 2008 to 2013.

Campbell “had no idea that Epstein was a registered sex offender,” Singer added.

Naomi Campbell has previously addressed her ties with Jeffrey Epstein

Campbell publicly addressed her connection with Epstein in a video posted in 2019.

“What he’s done is indefensible,” she said at the time. “When I heard it of what he’d done, it sickened me to my stomach just like everybody else.”

“I’ve had my fair share of sexual predators,” Campbell added, saying that she was lucky enough to have been surrounded with people who protected her. “I stand with the victims. They are scarred for life.”

Campbell met Epstein in 2001 via her then-boyfriend Flavio Briatore at an event in Saint-Tropez. Campbell added that the disgraced financier was often present at professional events such the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

The post Naomi Campbell On Epstein Documents: ‘Don’t Come At Me’ appeared first on Blavity.

Verified by MonsterInsights